INSTRUCTIONS, WARNINGS & MANUALS
Instructions for use
1. Follow standard aseptic procedure, prepare the area of skin leaving clean and dry at least 5cm beyond the edge of the wound.
2. Peel open the package and remove the sterile skin closure strips on the backing paper.
3. Grasp the end of a skin closure strip with forceps or gloved hand and then lift straight upward to peel from backing paper.
4. Using fingers or forceps, set skin edges together as closely as possible, position the skin closure strip across the wound making sure the skin closure strip is not stretched.
5. The rest of the wound should be closed with additional skin closure strips spaced approximately 3mm apart.
6. Additional skin closure strips may be added across the initial set to support them and additionally approximately 20mm from the end of the wound. This may reduce stress beneath the ends of the skin closure strips and decrease the risk of tension blisters and premature lifting of the closures.
- Do not use on high tension wounds.
- Apply skin closure strips without tensions. Do not strap the wound closed
- Stop using if you experience an allergic reaction to the dressing. Consult a doctor if necessary.