INSTRUCTIONS, WARNINGS & MANUALS
Instructions for use
Cold Therapy Instructions
Place pack in freezer for at least two hours. Apply cold pack to injury site. If sensitive to cold, or have fragile or sensitive skin, use a towel. Keep pack on injury site for 15 – 20 minutes. Repeat as required.
Heat Therapy Instructions
Hot Water Method:
Boil 4-5 litres of water in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Immerse pack in the boiled water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Remove pack from heat and place in a towel. Apply to injury. If application becomes uncomfortable, remove pack for a few minutes.
Note: Microwave ovens vary and their wattage will affect the time required to heat the pack. To avoid burns and damage to the pack, it is always best to start heating cautiously and gradually increase the time to achieve desired heat.
Flatten pack and place on microwave turntable ensuring it does not touch the walls. Heat for 20 seconds. Cautiously test for desired heat. If not hot enough, continue heating for 10 second increments until optimal heat is achieved.
Remove pack from microwave and place in a towel. Apply pack to injury. If application becomes uncomfortable, remove pack for a few minutes.
- Always follow usage instructions.
- Do not use if pack is leaking.
- People with circulatory or sensory problems, hypersensitivity to hot or cold or a history of frostbite should consult a doctor before using this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not heat for more than 40 seconds continuously at a time.
- Excessive heating will cause pack to burst or leak.
- Pack should be placed in a towel before use on infants, the elderly or people with fragile or sensitive skin.